Friday, October 15, 2010

a little | weekend links

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

Many of the blogs I follow have weekend links, so I thought it might be fun to have my own little weekend link list. Here goes...

An Illustrated Life - I spent the morning at two wonderful professional development workshops for art teachers. The first workshop was all about art journals and altered books. Check out this really cool Sketchbook Project through the Brooklyn Library. I sometimes feel like a bad art teacher because I don't create my OWN artwork. I think this could be a really fun way to keep my artistic juices flowing and create my own artwork, but not be too time consuming. Here are some inspiring books: An Illustrated Life - 1000 Artist Journal Pages - The Journal Junkie Workshop - Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists -Creative Sparks

Design Mom Giveaway - Probably shouldn't share this one considering I want to win, but I thought these fractures were too cool not to share.

Mash Handmade and Bon Bon Atelier - My mom and I are hitting up some fun stores this weekend. Can't wait to see what we find.

Type War - My longest streak is 55! Can't wait to keep playing to see how many more I can get. I just love typography!

Brunch - Just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment